February 21, 2019
James Merrill House & Writer-in-Residence Program Coordinator (Part-Time)
James Merrill House and Writer-in-Residence Program—a lively and growing literary non-profit in Stonington, CT—is seeking a part-time Program Coordinator to help a volunteer committee manage the nationally known programs at the Merrill House, home for 40 years to an acclaimed 20th century American poet and writer. This is a year-round, salaried role requiring 25 hours per week.
Duties: Reporting to the Merrill House co-chairs, the Program Coordinator’s duties are in four areas: Administrative and Secretarial (meeting minutes, written reports); Development and Fundraising (maintaining the donor database, assisting the volunteer committee with grant writing and research, mailings, collateral, and donor cultivation); Event Management (lectures, readings, book sales); Maintenance Oversight and Scheduling for the National Historic Landmark James Merrill House and its occupants.
The Program Coordinator will work virtually and remotely, but must be in Stonington, CT, about 3-6 times per month for meetings and events. Some weekend work is required.
Salary range is $30-$36K per annum, depending on experience. As this is a part-time position, no benefits are offered. Salary is based on 48 paid weeks per year.
Education/Experience: College graduate or higher degree preferred. Ideal candidate will have:
• 1+ years of non-profit grant-writing and development experience, preferably using fundraising research and donor databases
• Experience coordinating public events
• Skills in managing social media and website updates
• Some experience in marketing/public relations (newsletters, print collateral, etc.)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs/Sheets, and ability to take concise meeting minutes.
• Experience managing contractors and older house maintenance is valuable
• Interest in literature and poetry is a strong plus.
• Valid US Driver’s license and reliable car transportation, plus ability to climb four flights of stairs and to lift and carry 35 lbs., are requirements.
• The Merrill House is owned and overseen by the 501(c)3 Stonington Village Improvement Association.
Please click here to apply.